How to Make the Perfect Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Pumpkin pie is a staple dessert for many families during the holiday season. It’s sweet, creamy, and has a delicious flavor that everyone loves. Whether you’re an experienced baker or just starting out, this guide will help you make the perfect pumpkin pie recipe that your family and friends will love.
Homemade Pie Crust
To make a homemade pie crust, you will need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp sugar.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces.
- 4-6 tbsp cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt, and sugar together.
- Add the butter and use a pastry cutter or your hands to mix it into the flour mixture until it forms small, pea-sized pieces.
- Gradually add the cold water to the mixture, one tablespoon at a time, until it forms a dough.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until it’s about 1/8 inch thick.
- Carefully place the dough into a 9-inch pie dish and trim any excess.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and bake the pie crust for 15 minutes.
- Store-bought Pie Crust
- If you don’t have time to make a homemade pie crust, you can buy a pre-made one from the store. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the package for the best results.
The filling is what gives the pumpkin pie its delicious flavor.
- 15 oz can of pumpkin puree.
- 1 cup granulated sugar.
- 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 1 tsp ginger.
- 1 tsp nutmeg.
- 1/2 tsp allspice.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 3 eggs.
- 1 cup heavy cream.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and salt together.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add them to the pumpkin mixture.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and smooth out the top.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Making the perfect pumpkin pie recipe is not as hard as it seems. With a little bit of time and patience, you can create a delicious dessert that your family and friends will love. Don’t be afraid to add your own touch to the recipe by using different spices or adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.